[WebKit-devel] Removing kwebkitpart integration related code from KGet in 4.{3|4} branches...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sun Jan 24 07:38:43 CET 2010

The current state of KGet integration with kwebkitpart is almost non-existent.
Other than being able to download files using KGet if that options is activated
in konqueror 's settings, none of the enhanced features you get in khtml are
available for kwebkitpart. As such, to prevent confusion as well as compile &
runtime issues, I want to commit the attached patches to both the 4.3 and 4.4
branches.

Once KDE 4.4 is out and kwebkitpart is moved into its final destination, we
need to spend time making sure that konqueror plugins work as well with
kwebkitpart as they do with khtml. For now though, the best thing to do is
remove the integration. KGet is by no means the only plugin that needs to be
updated to support kwebkitpart as well as it does khtml. Others such as the
searchbar, adfiltering need some love as well. In fact all the plugins need to
be checked to make sure they provide equal functionality everywhere...

Suggestions, objections, questions etc are all welcome...