[WebKit-devel] Removing kwebkitpart integration related code from KGet in 4.{3|4} branches...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Jan 25 01:04:33 CET 2010

On Sunday 24 January 2010 17:34:52 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> On Sunday 24 January 2010 07:38:43 Dawit A. wrote:
> > The current state of KGet integration with kwebkitpart is almost
> > non-existent. Other than being able to download files using KGet if that
> > options is activated in konqueror 's settings, none of the enhanced
> > features you get in khtml are available for kwebkitpart. As such, to
> > prevent confusion as well as compile & runtime issues, I want to commit
> > the attached patches to both the 4.3 and 4.4 branches.
> >
> > Once KDE 4.4 is out and kwebkitpart is moved into its final destination,
> > we need to spend time making sure that konqueror plugins work as well
> > with kwebkitpart as they do with khtml. For now though, the best thing to
> > do is remove the integration. KGet is by no means the only plugin that
> > needs to be updated to support kwebkitpart as well as it does khtml.
> > Others such as the searchbar, adfiltering need some love as well. In fact
> > all the plugins need to be checked to make sure they provide equal
> > functionality everywhere...
> >
> > Suggestions, objections, questions etc are all welcome...
>
> Okay, I was not aware of this issue... I have implemented this feature some
> time ago (KWebKitPart support in KGet). At least some time ago listing all
> links from a website and downloading them worked. No idea about the current
> state.

Honestly speaking, I just do not see how that could have worked, I mean
listing of all links from the code that was there. Dropping on the target
could have possibly, but not showing all the links. Perhaps someone removed or
changed something in the meantime ?

Anyhow, it should be easy to fix in the near future... It will be a good
project for someone to add such support. I have put it in the TODO list I will
soon update the wiki pages with. If no one picks it up, I might look into it
after I tackle some of the major integration hurdles that have to be addressed
first.

Regards,
Dawit A.