[WebKit-devel] KDE MIME Types

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Mon Jan 4 18:05:25 CET 2010

Heyho!

This is a triple-question, really:

 * is it possible to tell KDE to globally prefer webkit over khtml for all
supported MIME types?  text/html is only one of the many MIME types where
khtml and webkitpart are both listed for support.  Going through all MIME-
Types is somewhat tedious.

 * is it possible that a recent upgrade (of either the webkit kpart or some
KDE stuff) has reset the file associations?  I guess that would depend on
what the packaging does in its postinst script, right?  OTOH I'd expect this
to only affect system wide defaults and not user choice, so I was still
surprised.

 * I sometimes see webpages rendered with khtml even though I have webkit as
the preferred viewer for all MIME Types I could find.  One example is when
calling konqueror somefile.html from the cmdline.  (Right now: the pylons
0.9.7 HTML documentation locally built; it has a http-equiv Content-Type:
"text/html; charset=utf8" and claims to be XHTML 1 (in its <!DOCTYPE>; I
don't know what of this is evaluated.  (This is with KDE 4.3.2 from Debian
squeeze; sorry for not trying something more recent.)

Ideas? [cc:s appreciated, thanks.]

cheers
-- vbi

--
Oh, so you mean that we can both get a more secure system, *and* make
emacs stop working?  A win-win situation! =)