[WebKit-devel] KDE MIME Types

Urs Wolfer uwolfer at kde.org
Wed Jan 6 19:23:24 CET 2010

On Monday 04 January 2010 18:05:25 Adrian von Bidder wrote:
> Heyho!
>
> This is a triple-question, really:
>
>  * is it possible to tell KDE to globally prefer webkit over khtml for all
> supported MIME types?  text/html is only one of the many MIME types where
> khtml and webkitpart are both listed for support.  Going through all MIME-
> Types is somewhat tedious.

I do not know about a global config. Though you can set in kwebkitpart.desktop
the InitialPreference property higher that the kthml one is (default kwebkit
9, khtml 10 IIRC).

>  * is it possible that a recent upgrade (of either the webkit kpart or some
> KDE stuff) has reset the file associations?  I guess that would depend on
> what the packaging does in its postinst script, right?  OTOH I'd expect
>  this to only affect system wide defaults and not user choice, so I was
>  still surprised.

Yeah, we have refactored things (new naming).

>  * I sometimes see webpages rendered with khtml even though I have webkit
>  as the preferred viewer for all MIME Types I could find.  One example is
>  when calling konqueror somefile.html from the cmdline.  (Right now: the
>  pylons 0.9.7 HTML documentation locally built; it has a http-equiv
>  <!DOCTYPE>; I don't know what of this is evaluated.  (This is with KDE
>  4.3.2 from Debian squeeze; sorry for not trying something more recent.)

Sounds like an issue.. No idea about it. Please try to find a way to reproduce
it, and report it to bugs.kde.org. Thanks.

Bye
urs