[WebKit-devel] KDE Webkit status update...

Michael Howell mhowell123 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 04:51:49 CEST 2009

On Monday 05 October 2009 09:15:58 Dawit A. wrote:
> On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:05:48 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> > I just have found another issue we need to think about:
> > kdewebkit/settings/webkitsettings.h is not a public header, but used by
> > the part. This is a no-go. Either we need to cleanup this header and
> > install it, or remove the direct ussage of this class. I prefer #2.
>
> Almost all of the WebSettings class deals with configuration that is
>  specific to Konqueror and hence should be moved to webkitpart as well. The
>  two uses of WebKitSettings I personally added for determining whether or
>  not the cookiejar is enabled can easily be replaced with public get/set
>  member functions in KWebPage and the one that computes font sizes can
>  trivially be relocated to webkitpart where it actually belongs...
How are font defaults, JavaScript defaults, and such specific to Konqueror?
KHTMLWidget gets those settings outside Konqueror. If your app needs them
overridden (embedded WebKit using JavaScript), you can override them.

--
Please don't send HTML-only mail (if you like, you can use multipart). If you
forward messages, please clean off the garbage. Thanks!
mhowell123 at gmail.com