[WebKit-devel] KDE Webkit status update...

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Mon Oct 5 18:15:58 CEST 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:05:48 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> I just have found another issue we need to think about:
> kdewebkit/settings/webkitsettings.h is not a public header, but used by the
> part. This is a no-go. Either we need to cleanup this header and install
>  it, or remove the direct ussage of this class. I prefer #2.

Almost all of the WebSettings class deals with configuration that is specific to
Konqueror and hence should be moved to webkitpart as well. The two uses of
WebKitSettings I personally added for determining whether or not the cookiejar
is enabled can easily be replaced with public get/set member functions in
KWebPage and the one that computes font sizes can trivially be relocated to
webkitpart where it actually belongs...

The only difficult one is the one that does ad filtering... Personally I will be
inclined to disable that for now since it is a partial implementation. It does
not provide any functioanilty beyond the basic filtering service. We will need
to evaluate how to do that better so that it is at least as usable as the ad
blocking support in khtml...