[WebKit-devel] Zoom actions change proposal (patch)

Paweł Prażak kojot350 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 18:10:43 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Urs Wolfer <uwolfer at kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 02 May 2009 17:47:40 Paweł Prażak wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I found some room for improvements in zoom actions.
> >
> > Essentially I propose to add the ability to change between text only and
> > whole page zoom modes (like "Zoom Text Only" option  in FF).
> >
> > I attach the patch with proposed changes.
> >
> > There are 3 small irrelevant intendation cleanup changes, I hope it's OK,
> > if not I can clean up the patch and resend.
> >
> > I'm little confused about the style, I've tried to use style of the
> > surrounding code, but I'm not sure if I did it right, sorry about that.
> > What style should be used in the webkitkde code?
>
> Hi Paweł
>
> Thanks for your patch! It looks basically good to me. Some comments:
> #1: Please create two patches: one for the code style fixes, and one for
> the
> functional changes.

Done. I've added astyle script as well (and runned in on the code). I'm not
sure if you want that big changes (>1000 LOC), but to make it simpler to
merge this commit with some uncommited changes out there, one can apply
script first and then merge :)

#2: Please make sure things still build with Qt 4.4, since this code shoul
> still build against stable kdelibs. I have not checked, but I'm not sure if
> you have paid attention to that.

I thought I had but when I've checked it turned out I didn't ;)
Anyway I've made some further improvements and removed enlarge/shrink
actions as they are redundant.

About the coding style: basically we use kdelibs coding style (see techbase
> for a documentation, though webkitsettings.{cpp,h} is a file copied from
> KHTML
> and thus uses (used) that coding style.. Please use kdelibs coding style
> for
> new code.

I've configured astyle to use kdelibs style.

Best Regards,
Paweł