[umbrello] Troubleshoot installation on Ubuntu 12.04

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon May 23 06:06:49 UTC 2016

Am 20.05.2016 um 22:45 schrieb Sergey Rybalchenko:
> Hello!
> I would like to install a latest Umbrella from source on Ubuntu 12.04.
> I try install it according https://umbrello.kde.org/installation.php .
> But I have an error. Log is below:
>
> -- The following REQUIRED packages have been found:
>
>  * Qt4
>  * Automoc4
>  * Phonon (required version >= 4.3.80)
>  * KDE4
>  * LibXslt , A library to transform XMLfiles into other XML files. ,
> <http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT>
>  * LibXml2 , Libraries used to develop XML applications. ,
> <http://xmlsoft.org>
>
> -- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:
>
>  * PkgConfig
>
> -- The following REQUIRED packages have not been found:
>
>  * KDE4Internal
>
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FeatureSummary.cmake:430
> (message):
>   feature_summary() Error: REQUIRED package(s) are missing, aborting
> CMake
>   run.
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:239 (feature_summary)
>
> Googling of "KDE4Internal package" didn't clarify the problem for me.
> What package(s) should be installed before for resolve this issue?
This message is refering to a missing file FindKDE4Internal.cmake
provided by a KDE4 development packages.
On opensuse distibutions this is normally installed to
/usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake and belongs to:

rpm -q -f /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake
libkde4-devel-4.14.10-56.19.x86_64

From
http://askubuntu.com/questions/486008/how-to-get-kde4-for-building-a-project-in-ubuntu-12-04
it looks like that the requested packages is named kdelib4-dev or similar.

Ralf