[Uml-user] Lost all my diagrams in XMI file

Kay Hayen kayhayen at gmx.de
Tue Aug 14 16:31:12 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have an XMI file that didn't show anything in the diagrams anymore. When I attempt to export them as image, it says I can't export empty diagrams.

Of course the diagrams should not be empty, and were created with an older version, that I wouldn't have anymore. The versions that can't display them anymore is 1.5.71 (Ubuntu Gutsy, development version granted), where as 1.5.6 (Ubuntu Feisty) can.

I would like to complain about the fact that Umbrello seemingly chose to modifiy the file, without me saving anything, that's very unkind. Luckily I have it under version control, so I could simply revert and try again with the Feisty version.

What kind of help can I provide? I don't want to attach the XMI file directly, but am willing to mail it.

Best regards,
Kay Hayen