[Uml-user] umbrello 1.1 - sequence diagram - 'pick' distance is too small?

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Jan 23 18:05:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Joe Van Andel wrote:
> When I'm trying to add a message to a sequence diagram, I found that I
> must click the mouse very precisely on the vertical "time-line" of  an
> object, otherwise I "miss", and can not add the message arrow.
>
> I observe the same behavior when trying to select an object, using the
> selection tool.
>
> Could the code that selects the 'nearest' object to the mouse allow for
> slightly more "sloppy" selections?

I've added that to the feature tracker (it was probably in there somewhere
already, I'll tidy it up soon).

It's probably also best to give some feedback to the user when the mouse
is over the line, drawing the blue boxes at the end for example.

> Also, when I installed the umbrello 1.1 RPM for Redhat 8.0, it would
> crash when I deleted a class's attribute.  I built it from source, using
> Qt 3.1.1, and now it doesn't crash.

What method did you use to delete the class's attribute?  Is there a
backtrace?

Any experience of this Pascal?

Jonathan Riddell