[Uml-user] glossary support?

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Sun Dec 8 11:31:07 UTC 2002

> Well Umbrello lets you enter some documentation for each widget or diagram
> in the box in the bottom left.
>
> That sounds like what your describing.

not exactly...
of course you could base the glossary on the classe's doc, but I imagine it
more like a document (paper) where you see all terms used in the project
along with their definitions (without having to go select each item and read it's
documentation)

you can print this paper and hand it out to other people (not the
developers) so that they know what you mean when you talk about a "customer".
this might seem ridiculos, but I am workin on a project right now.. and we
just found out (after several months of discussions) that when we were talking
about a "country" with other teams that are developing other parts of the
project, each meant a different thing.

I am working on the "sales planning system" so by country we meant the Sales
Organization (which is what makes the sales plan) while the guys at Finances
understood country as "the one making the profit for the sales" (can be
different if you produce in one country, sale in another country and have the
customer in yet a third country)
Having a glossary with a clear definition of "country" would have saved us
some headaches.

luis