[Uml-user] glossary support?

Aivo Kalu aivo at matti.ee
Sun Dec 8 12:10:09 UTC 2002

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Luis De la Parra wrote:

> > Well Umbrello lets you enter some documentation for each widget or diagram
> > in the box in the bottom left.
> >
> > That sounds like what your describing.
>
> not exactly...
> of course you could base the glossary on the classe's doc, but I imagine it
> more like a document (paper) where you see all terms used in the project
> along with their definitions (without having to go select each item and read it's
> documentation)

Well, if Umbrella could have a definition box along with documentation, and if it could print
out the definition for each item and sort items, it would be quite useful ?

Also, if it could understand that you refer to other items inside the definition and change the
names of those items, when you change the name of a class, it would be even more useful.

> about a "country" with other teams that are developing other parts of the
> project, each meant a different thing.
I agree. The glossary is absoletely neccessary. Not only for other people, but somethimes for
yourself as well, to precisely think what do  you actually mean by that thing.

Aivo Kalu, aivo at matti.ee