[Uml-devel] Fwd: Re: umbrello compilation errors in RC1]

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:54:45 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Bernd Brandstetter <bbrand at freenet.de> -----
> > What version of boost are you using?  This is probably
> > http://bugs.kde.org/177755
> >
> > Try the svn version and let us know if that helps.
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> Maybe the patch associated with the above bug entry solves the compilation
> problem but changing a comparison from >= to == is a bit suspect to me.
> Will this really work in all cases?

Actually I contacted spirit parser developers, and they said >=
shouldn't have worked before as well. Infact position_iterator is
always meant to be used as forward iterator alone and hence minus
operator is not to be defined.

Also logically ---  to check for eof, you have to check whether
current position is at the end or not. It can't be *beyond* end.

> After all, gcc complains about 'boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>' not
> being defined. The file preprocessorlexer.h contains the following section
> near the beginning:

This is the intended result, so that you can catch errors at compile time.

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A