[Uml-devel] Enforcing some style params (whitespace issue)

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Jun 30 12:02:03 UTC 2008

Gopala Krishna schrieb:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> Just a hint - For such purposes there are tools like astyle.  Unfortunally I
>> haven't found any coding style on the umbrello web site.
>>
>> As a hint kdelibs uses the style defined on
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style which *follows the Qt
>> 4 coding style.*
>>
>> astyle --indent=spaces=4 --brackets=linux \
>>      --indent-labels --pad=oper --unpad=paren \
>>      --one-line=keep-statements --convert-tabs \
>>      --indent-preprocessor \
>>      `find -type f -name '*.cpp'` `find -type f -name '*.h'`
>>

> Wow nice..
> But unfortunately i don't have time as my exams are going on. I am
> just trying simple things.
> My manual attempt of perl script seems to have resulted in some
> awkward parenthesis at places, but it does build.
>
> Anyways it would really help if somebody can fix it in my soc branch at
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc-umbrello/umbrello/

You are planning to merge your changes into trunk at some point in the
future, right ? Than it is not a very good idea to make huge style
changes. It would be better to concentrate on the functional changes and
to note the need of style changes in a central todo file, which can be
done later in trunk.
> I *wasted* a precious day at this critical moment (exams) in trying to
> use my new classes instead of UMLWidget, but it failed because i lost
> patience after manipulating so many files . I had to do svn revert -R
> finally :(

you should commit only smaller parts.

> 826244 is the revision i just committed with style changes. So <
> 826244 should be the revision without style changes.

svn revert is your friend - you can revert the changes from a single
commit (assuming you do have mixed style changes with functional changes
in one commit)

Ralf