[Uml-devel] Enforcing some style params (whitespace issue)

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 12:41:22 UTC 2008

First of all sorry for the confusion, as i was totally burned out due
to not able to achieve what i wanted to.

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 5:32 PM, Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de> wrote:

> You are planning to merge your changes into trunk at some point in the
> future, right ? Than it is not a very good idea to make huge style changes.
> It would be better to concentrate on the functional changes and to note the
> need of style changes in a central todo file, which can be done later in
> trunk.

Yes, i would like to be merged. But anyway the merge won't be trivial
as there are tons of changes going to happen. svnmerge.py + svn diff
r1:r2 + manual merge will be the only way for merge :-)

Actually the style issue aroused because I used qt style in my code,
like id(), name() , isVisible() and the current code uses getID(),
getName(), getDocumentation()... This was my mistake at this stage :(

Also there are other changes where having the functions isn't useful
as it is already provided by qt and it is best if i used qt code. I
also reimplemented some qt methods, which the derived classes should
reimplement. All these changes would have been easier had there been a
unified style (honestly :( )

But anyway sorry for wailing, as i said i was burned out (exams + coding).

> you should commit only smaller parts.
I'll try my best with this, but it is a bit harder in the port kind of work :(

> svn revert is your friend - you can revert the changes from a single commit
> (assuming you do have mixed style changes with functional changes in one
> commit)

After taking some rest i realized i committed only "  ->  " to "->"
change. So i can still svn revert parenthesis changes. But since i
have already done changes (it builds),
it would be nice if all you people can agree for that.

As far as merging is concerned, i will take responsibility myself :)

Thank you so much :-)

--
Cheers,
Gopala Krishna A