[Uml-devel] UMLWidget all set for the new change ?

Andi Fischer andi.fischer at hispeed.ch
Thu Jun 12 21:20:43 UTC 2008

Gopala Krishna wrote:
> Hi,
>    After getting the initial QCanvas to QGraphicsView port *compile* i
> chalked out some plans where I want to use bottom up approach.
> I mean, i would first like to redesign the foundation classes to use
> full potential of frameworks of qt.

nice work
> So i started with umlwidget and i am prefixing the new classes with "New"
> For eg UMLWidget -> NewUMLWidget
>
> Eventually NewUMLWidget becomes UMLWidget. I don't do this now to
> avoid hefty unnecessary compile time as well as too many chains of
> resulting errors as UMLWidget is used in many files.
>
> The new hierarchy would be as shown in the screenshot here
> http://picasaweb.google.com/krishna.ggk/Projects/photo#5210725735018863490
>
> Currently i have implemented NewUMLWidget. Here are the links
> 1) newumlwidget.h   ---
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc-umbrello/umbrello/newumlwidget.h?revision=819703&view=markup

some comments:
- don't use leading or trailing underscores on include guard in header
  (__NEWUMLWIDGET_H  --> NEWUMLWIDGET_H)
- what about adding one blank line after a method, would improve readability
  (a few are added)
> 2) newumlwidget.cpp ---
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/soc-umbrello/umbrello/newumlwidget.cpp?revision=819707&view=markup

some comments:
- add a blank after 'if' (e.g. if (m_umlObject) {)
> As you can see, there are some intended change in method names like
> documentation() instead of getDoc()
> setDocumentation() instead of setDoc()
> Basically i have tried not to use *get* prefix to follow regular
> kde/qt coding style.

nice
> I now need your valuable feedback regarding
>  1) My direction and approach
>  2) My style of coding (i thought we have an opportunity to change the
> style now)

where should we place '&' and '*'?
QRectF &rect  or
QRectF& rect
I prefer the second style.
> I finally mention it again that my exams are nearing. So i can spend
> very little time for umbrello which i decided to use it to set up the
> base foundation classes.
> So dont forget to give your feedback :)

good luck for your exams!

Regards,