[Uml-devel] UMLWidget all set for the new change ?

Gopala Krishna krishna.ggk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 06:17:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:50 AM, Andi Fischer <andi.fischer at hispeed.ch> wrote:

> some comments:
> - don't use leading or trailing underscores on include guard in header
>  (__NEWUMLWIDGET_H  --> NEWUMLWIDGET_H)

Changed my .emacs file right way now :) I will follow.

> - what about adding one blank line after a method, would improve readability
>  (a few are added)

Is it only in the declaration and definition or even during function call ?

> - add a blank after 'if' (e.g. if (m_umlObject) {)
Ok. I am quite used to not adding blank. I'll do this from now on :)

>> As you can see, there are some intended change in method names like
>> documentation() instead of getDoc()
>> setDocumentation() instead of setDoc()
>> Basically i have tried not to use *get* prefix to follow regular
>> kde/qt coding style.
>>

> nice

Ok.

> where should we place '&' and '*'?
> QRectF &rect  or
> QRectF& rect
> I prefer the second style.

I prefer first because i feel its more clear when declaring multiple object
QRectF& rect1, rect2;
Here only the rect1 is reference while rect2 is not.

OTOH QRectF &rect1, rect2 clearly specifies rect1 is reference.

But as far i saw through the code, most of the usages involved
declaration of single objects in which case it doesn't matter
whichever style we use.

So anything is ok with me.

>> I finally mention it again that my exams are nearing. So i can spend
>> very little time for umbrello which i decided to use it to set up the
>> base foundation classes.
>> So dont forget to give your feedback :)
>>

> good luck for your exams!

Thanks :)