[Uml-devel] Loop in UMLListView::loadChildrenFromXMI( UMLListViewItem * parent, QDomElement & element )

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Tue Oct 24 09:11:08 UTC 2006

Hi again,
the 1.5.5 version doesn't reload my Generalization Association (i.e. derived
classes).

I get the warning messages:
umbrello: ERROR: AssociationWidget::loadFromXMI: cannot find UMLObject 612293
umbrello: ERROR: couldn't loadFromXMI association widget:0x90a5c30, bad XMI
file? Deleting from umlview.

The strange thing:
The Generalization is defined for a class as follows:
	<UML:GeneralizableElement.generalization>
        	<UML:Generalization xmi.idref="612293" />
	</UML:GeneralizableElement.generalization>

The referenced item exists as follows:
<assocwidget totalcounta="3" indexa="1" totalcountb="7" indexb="1"
linewidth="none" widgetbid="583487" widgetaid="584616" xmi.id="612293"
linecolor="none" >
          <linepath>
           <startpoint startx="212" starty="651" />
           <endpoint endx="570" endy="603" />
          </linepath>
         </assocwidget>

So:
Either there is something wrong in the order of item reference resolve, or the
lookup function searches fro wrong types in a wrong context. OR whatever
lookup problems exists here.

##
Regarding my problem report with the current SVN version:
I detected during load with 1.5.5 version, the following error message:
umbrello: ERROR: UMLObject::load(Logische Ansicht): m_pUMLPackage is not set
umbrello: ERROR: UMLObject::load(Datentypen): m_pUMLPackage is not set

This might be also printed by the SVN version - I just didn't see it as the
history of my konsole shell was overloaded during load with SVN version.

I have the impression, that I started the XMI file with an older Umbrello
version. The definition of m_pUMLPackage seems to have changed since then
without a "repair mode" or "upgrade mode".

So my question:
What should I do, to manually fix this base problem?
I'm quite familiar with the XMI format - I just need a hint like:
"place an attribute Foo="val" in each XML-Tag of type fii"

Thanks,
Achim