[Uml-devel] Loop in UMLListView::loadChildrenFromXMI( UMLListViewItem * parent, QDomElement & element )

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Tue Oct 24 08:57:10 UTC 2006

Hi,
I have an XMI file with Packages, which is loaded and edited fine with the
official 3.5.5 version for Kubuntu Dapper.

But from current REPO verion, I get a never ending loop of the following error
messages:
============================
umbrello: ERROR: UMLListView::loadChildrenFromXMI: umlParent((nil)) is not a
UMLPackage
============================

I detected the responsible code place:
Line 2349 inside the function UMLListView::loadChildrenFromXMI(
UMLListViewItem * parent, QDomElement & element ) - near to the place where
the cited error message is produced - there is a simple "continue" in that
error case.

Comparing with other "continue" places in this function reveals, that the
other places use a combination of "domElement = node.toElement(); continue",
so that the DOM is navigated further.

My insertion of the "domElement = node.toElement()" has a half success:
The XMI file is loaded now - but none of the diagrams is displayed (they are
listed in listview - but not displayed when selected in listview).

###
There are also lots of error messages like:
============================
umbrello: UMLPackage::addObject: uint16_t is already there
============================
umbrello: UMLListView::slotObjectCreated(setInt32Data, id= 613442): item
already exists.
============================
umbrello: UMLListView::loadChildrenFromXMI: Datentypen (0x8562eb8) !=
Datentypen (0x8eb0f38)
umbrello: UMLListView::moveObject: newParentType is 830
umbrello: UMLListView::loadChildrenFromXMI: Attempted reparenting of
vtObjectString_c*(current parent: Datentypen, new parent: Datentypen)

###
Is there a ongoing deep XMI format change, where I might be able to fix some
items manually in XMI?

Thanks,
Achim