[Uml-devel] The state of the Umbrello

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Sat Aug 26 15:38:49 UTC 2006

Hello,

> OTOH we need people to test the KDE SVN trunk Umbrello (KDE4), and if
> possible help make it run. The KDE trunk version of Umbrello does not
> yet have the commits related to the new UMLFolder class which cause
> extra problems, so it can be considered a stable basis for further work.

I made some quick tests with the KDE4 version, executed from a KDE4 desktop.
Here are things that work well:
- create/change objects, relations in diagrams
- importing code
- generating code
- generating doc
- zoom
- undo/redo

And now things that don't:
- context menu entry "Use fill color" in actor widget does not work
- Ampersand shown on docked windows titles
- properties dialog changes not used
- Diagram menu:  show and zoom submenus empty
- The checkbox "Apply to all remaining files" does not work in the
"Destination File Already Exists" dialog of code generation
- attribute properties dialog unusable (in new class wizard)

All in all, it works quite well on these limited tests. I have currently no
time to try to correct the problems I have found, but I could open bug
reports. Should I ?

Regards,

Kleag

--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://gna.org/projects/kgraphviewer