[Uml-devel] Howto compile SVN and file format changes question

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Tue Aug 16 13:06:18 UTC 2005

Hi Oliver,
thanks for the quick answer.

Am Dienstag, 16. August 2005 20:54 schrieb Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de:
>> how can I compile the latest umbrello from SVN without installing Qt4?
>Check out svn.kde.org:/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdesdk .
>Actually the 3.5 branch of umbrello is more current than the main trunk
> which, as you noticed, now hosts the KDE4 port.
Hmmh - is the Qt requirement rule in the main trunk more flexible, even if it
is more current??
Well - I'll try tomorrow and let you know?

> > Now I get during load several problems:
> > + dialogs pop up and ask for class names
> > + several labels aren't displayed
> > + in the end umbrello segfaults
>
> Wow.
> Well, NOW is the right time for testing - so that we can get things sorted
> out before the umbrello 1.5 release together with KDE 3.5 (some time in
> October.)
>
> > Some days before, a similar problem was reported and some sort of bugfix
> > followed. Therefore I want to compile the newest umbrello version before
> > I continue reporting more exact descriptions.
>
> Fine.
>
> > But as I know the XMI format good enough, I could do some file
> > preparation/conversion if I knew the biggest file format changes between
> > umbrello 1.3.2 and today.
>
> The biggest change is that the "type" attribute in <UML:Attribute> used to
> contain the plain text of the attribute type and now it contains the xmi.id
> of the corresponding XMI element of the type. Similarly for
> <UML:Parameter>.
With some luck, umbrellos backwards compatibility load algorithms were bailing
out due to size of xmi and due to this change. So I'll manually convert the
type to UIDs, so that at least reason can be excluded.

Thanks,
Achim