[Uml-devel] Howto compile SVN and file format changes question

Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de
Tue Aug 16 11:48:23 UTC 2005

Hi Achim,

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 20:13, Achim Spangler wrote:

> how can I compile the latest umbrello from SVN without installing Qt4?

Check out svn.kde.org:/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kdesdk .
Actually the 3.5 branch of umbrello is more current than the main trunk which,
as you noticed, now hosts the KDE4 port.

> Lastly I tried to open some big xmi files with the newest stable version
> from the KDE 3.4.2 package (on another Linux box).
>
> Now I get during load several problems:
> + dialogs pop up and ask for class names
> + several labels aren't displayed
> + in the end umbrello segfaults

Wow.
Well, NOW is the right time for testing - so that we can get things sorted out
before the umbrello 1.5 release together with KDE 3.5 (some time in October.)

> Some days before, a similar problem was reported and some sort of bugfix
> followed. Therefore I want to compile the newest umbrello version before I
> continue reporting more exact descriptions.

Fine.

> But as I know the XMI format good enough, I could do some file
> preparation/conversion if I knew the biggest file format changes between
> umbrello 1.3.2 and today.

The biggest change is that the "type" attribute in <UML:Attribute> used to
contain the plain text of the attribute type and now it contains the xmi.id of
the corresponding XMI element of the type. Similarly for <UML:Parameter>.

HTH,

Oliver