[Uml-devel] Howto compile SVN and file format changes question

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Tue Aug 16 11:16:41 UTC 2005

Hi,
how can I compile the latest umbrello from SVN without installing Qt4?

My system is based on Kubuntu with KDE 3.4.2 from the backports partial
project. Thus it should be current enough to compile.

But sadly the AUTOMAKE macros require the presence of Qt4 - even if umbrello
is probably not using it.

Please tell me how I can change the files in the admin dir so that Qt3.3 is
enough.

##
I have some big umbrello project files which I can successfully edit with
umbrello 1.3.2

Lastly I tried to open some big xmi files with the newest stable version from
the KDE 3.4.2 package (on another Linux box).

Now I get during load several problems:
+ dialogs pop up and ask for class names
+ several labels aren't displayed
+ in the end umbrello segfaults

Some days before, a similar problem was reported and some sort of bugfix
followed. Therefore I want to compile the newest umbrello version before I
continue reporting more exact descriptions.

But as I know the XMI format good enough, I could do some file
preparation/conversion if I knew the biggest file format changes between
umbrello 1.3.2 and today.

So - which big things changed, so that umbrello can be distrurbed that bad?

( in case there is no general change list available, I can post more exact
reports later -> but before that I have to retry with a fresh compile from
SVN )

Bye,
Achim