[Uml-devel] usability suggestions

Andrew Sutton asutton at cs.kent.edu
Tue Sep 21 06:19:06 UTC 2004

> Do you have plans to provide some hooks for custom scripts
> (python, xslt, etc.) to be plugged in ? I'd love to be able
> to generate a docbook document with embedded svg/png images
> with a single click !

just to point out an alternative... i've written an implementation of uml that
has python bindings - it's just a library, so you'd have to actually build
your applications around it. there' also no gui to it... and there's no
guarantee that it works with umbrello's xmi format (the standard that never
was :) but, it shouldn't be too hard to build up a filter in python.

if you're interested, the project is the open modeling framework (omf) and can
be downloaded from:

http://www.sdml.info/projects/omf

andrew sutton
asutton at cs.kent.edu