[Uml-devel] usability suggestions

Stefan Seefeld seefeld at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 21 17:03:04 UTC 2004

Andrew Sutton wrote:

> just to point out an alternative... i've written an implementation of uml that
> has python bindings - it's just a library, so you'd have to actually build
> your applications around it. there' also no gui to it... and there's no
> guarantee that it works with umbrello's xmi format (the standard that never
> was :) but, it shouldn't be too hard to build up a filter in python.

well, I really want an interactive editor for UML models.

Your library looks good, though. Are there any plans to use it as a backend
to umbrello ? For example, if umbrello would be (iteratively) refactored to
separate model and view, would it be an option to at some point plug in omf
as the model ?
Is this just a technical issue ? Or is there some politics involved, too ? :-)

Regards,
		Stefan