[Uml-devel] [ot] google

Andrew Sutton asutton at cs.kent.edu
Tue Feb 10 17:47:06 UTC 2004

> Hum... so they are hiring "free" consulting here. Did you provide them
> with the solution, and they then thought there was no point in hiring
> you any more ? :-)

reminds me of a story... i once worked under for a guy as a systems
programmer. he was, to say the least, good. apparently, he kept getting
offers from sun and interviewed to be the chief security dude for nt. they
asked him how he'd solve their problems in the enterview and he walked. nice.

besides, i don't know if finding the 10,000 most popular bigrams is a problem
worth consulting for...

> At least, you got an interview, quite a rarity these days!

so jonathan informs me :) let's just say i had one hell of a recommendation
(an acm fellow). i guess their looking for information retrieval folks, not
software engineers.

andy