[Uml-devel] Qt feature request

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Jul 5 07:01:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 04:29:03PM +0200, Nash Hoogwater wrote:

> I also thought about the request Filippos made, because it crossed my mind
> also a lot of times. And I agree with you almost completely, because, well
> UML is a standard and slots and signals aren't. However it would be nice to
> at least have the import option to import the slots and signals as public
> methods (because in a way that is what they are).
>
> OK, that are just my 2 cents.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Nash Hoogwater
>
> On Friday 04 July 2003 16:02, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> > Filippos Papadopoulos <csst9923 at cs.uoi.gr> [030704 15:58]:
> > > Could it be possible to add a feature in the Umbrello (in the near
> > > future ;) so that we can have a visual representation of the connections
> > > between Qt's signals and slots ?
> >
> > If I understand you right you are going to add something specific to UML
> > diagrams. Well I think we would be glad to support the UML completly so I
> > don't think it is a good thing to start some kind of propertery things.

I don't think there could be any visual representation (similar to
associations say) since that's extending UML.  But they could be put
in a separate compartment in classes (like operations and attributes
have their own comparment).  I did once try creating a more general
framework which would allow compartments to be added to classes and
other UML things and which included stereotypes, but I failed
miserably.  Maybe I should try it again at some point.