[Uml-devel] Gideon

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Jan 29 14:37:02 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 10:09, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Well, I don't like the idea of integrating Umbrello into KDevelop, I think
> it is wrong. Let me explain. A professional software engineering cicle
> looks something like:
>
> Analysis -> Design -> Implementation -> Test -> Quality Management ->
> Documentation

wrong.
at least in the praxis is not so...
the reality (as I've seen it) is more like
Anlalysis>Design>Implementation>Design>Implementation>Analysis>Redesign>
Implementation>.....

ok, but maybe you got me wrong when I said it'd like to see that integration
happen. I don't mean that we should make Umbrello a part of KDevelop, but
that I think it would be nice if they could work together.

That can mean embeding Umbrello in KDevelop or having as a complete separate
window, but the design->implementation cicle would be closer.
And I *definetly* dont want to make Umbrello dependant on KDevelop. They
should be able to cooperate, but not depend on each other.

luis