[Uml-devel] Gideon

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 06:31:05 UTC 2003

> At the user level
> * switch to "design view" from within KDevelop
> * KDevelop classes have a RMB option to view the class in an Umbrello
> diagram
> * switch to code view for a particular method, from within Umbrello

Well, I think this is not perfect. Imagine to modell your system with the
help of Umbrello. Add maybe some operation to an class. Now you can enter
some code to an operation. Generate the code and compile. So I only need
KDevelop as an editor with maybe syntax highlighting and for programming
language documentation. Maybe I would need it as well for creating the
project make files, but what else for?
After I have added my code I go back and work on the modell again and
maybe add another operation.

> At the library level
> * share programming language recognition/generation code
> * maybe other stuff I don't know about yet

Yes, here I fully agree.