[Uml-devel] quickies and not so quickies

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Jan 23 17:30:02 UTC 2003

> is there a decission yet about branching for 1.1.1 and/or 1.2 ?

Yes, (I made it for you I'm afraid).

> I'm asking this because I imagine we will want to make a bug-fix release very
> soon (maybe in 2 weeks or so) to get rid of those horrible bugs that somehow
> managed to get away into 1.1 ...

I think that something like not being able to print shouldn't wait.

I've tagged and made a source tarball for 1.1.1.

I'll make a SuSE RPM for it tomorrow but the source is at
http://www.cs.stir.ac.uk/~jri/umbrello/umbrello-1.1.1.tar.bz2 if anyone
wants to make other packaged of it now.

> on the other hand, there are some new features that are not so hard to
> implement and that could be done on the current code. since 2.0 is a *long*
> way I think we should not discard the option to have a branch where such
> small and medium features could be added.

The new codegenerators, Luis' canvas resizing and zooming, and other
things like an Undo function are all candidated for including in the
current code base, however..

The code has been checked into KDE's CVS.  So we're now an official KDE
project.  We should now be working for a 1.2 release in the KDE CVS.
Unfortnuatly the CVS history hasn't been preserved.  Luis and Seb, I
suggest that you get KDE CVS accounts if you havn't already (see
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/howto/develHOWTO.html for
getting one).

I've had a category made for us at bugs.kde.org and I'll move all the bugs
and relevant features over to that soon.

When Andrew Sutton is ready he can send me his files and I'll do a fresh
import into the sourceforge CVS.