[Uml-devel] quickies and not so quickies

Sebastian Stein seb_stein at gmx.de
Fri Jan 24 09:02:07 UTC 2003

Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [030124 17:23]:
> > is there a decission yet about branching for 1.1.1 and/or 1.2 ?
>
> Yes, (I made it for you I'm afraid).

Where? On sf or kde CVS?

> > I'm asking this because I imagine we will want to make a bug-fix release
> > very soon (maybe in 2 weeks or so) to get rid of those horrible bugs
> > that somehow managed to get away into 1.1 ...
>
> I think that something like not being able to print shouldn't wait.
>
> I've tagged and made a source tarball for 1.1.1.

I think you were a little bit fast. sk.po wasn't up to date and if we had
maybe some more days, we could have fixed some more things!

> The code has been checked into KDE's CVS.  So we're now an official KDE
> project.  We should now be working for a 1.2 release in the KDE CVS.

Ok, ok. I see. So please close sf CVS for the moment, so that we don't get
out of sync. Then we should find out, how to get a working release out of
KDE CVS. This isn't easy to do, I had some trouble with it. I'm the
maintainer of a small kde-edu app called kbruch as well. A lot of handwork
is needed for makeing a package out of KDE's CVS.

> Unfortnuatly the CVS history hasn't been preserved.  Luis and Seb, I
> suggest that you get KDE CVS accounts if you havn't already (see

I have one, I will check out if I can build the app from KDE CVS. Hopefully
I don't have to update all KDE libs!

> I've had a category made for us at bugs.kde.org and I'll move all the bugs
> and relevant features over to that soon.

That's very important!

> When Andrew Sutton is ready he can send me his files and I'll do a fresh
> import into the sourceforge CVS.

Yes, but please not everything in the next 2 days. I'm in fear of loosing
the overview.

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954