[Uml-devel] What's next?

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Jan 20 13:09:03 UTC 2003

On Monday 20 January 2003 3:11 pm, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> 1.1 is out, that is very fine. But now I'm wondering what is coming.
>
> First of all, we should make a 2.0 branch, but I won't do it, because I'm
> not a cvs guru.

i agree, but i don't know how either. i'm not even on the sf developer list :)
that reminds me. i have to create a new account.

> - open 2.0 branch
> - only add bugfixes to 1.1 and if needed release another 1.1.1 version
> - maybe open a 1.2 branch for new features in the old code base
>
> This would give us the safety to have a well maintained current code base
> even in the case, that the 2.0 redesign fails.
>
> Let's see what you are thinking!

postpone the 1.2 branch for a couple weeks to see what feedback comes in from
1.1 - there may be a significant amount if we make it into the next major kde
release.

i have about 8000 lines of code to contribute to 2.0 :) its all reflection and
MOF.

andy