[Uml-devel] Will there be Umbrello 1.2?

Andrew Sutton ansutton at kent.edu
Mon Jan 13 09:58:02 UTC 2003

> Ok, that makes sense.  I could certainly see how having group access to a
> general database would be a bit more convenient than emailing changes to
> everyone :-)  Would using a CVS server backend make sense for this?  It
> could then handle all the merges and stuff, which would make the problem a
> bit easier.  Maybe most databases do this anyhow; I haven't really worked
> much with database software...

cvs is a multi-user online version control system. we don't want to deal with
version control - just multi-user access control. we can accomplish that
using a DB for true multi-user collaborative scenarios and the XMI difference
engine for open-source style collaboration (make a diff against the original,
send in the patch).

andy