[Uml-devel] Will there be Umbrello 1.2?

Tsuraan grovenjl at rose-hulman.edu
Mon Jan 13 09:38:03 UTC 2003

> the database stuff is primarily sebastian's interest - although it is an
> interesting capability all told. sebastian and i talked alot off-list about
> collaborative development use cases and how they might be implemented with
> minimum effort. rather than implementing a network transparent version of
> the MOF/UML data models, we decided that it would be more efficient to let
> the database manage concurrent access to data model objects. in this
> scenario (and in the design), we can replace the standard XMI
> implementation with a persistence engine that deals with that stuff.
>
> main idea/key words: collaborative modeling
>
> andy

Ok, that makes sense.  I could certainly see how having group access to a
general database would be a bit more convenient than emailing changes to
everyone :-)  Would using a CVS server backend make sense for this?  It could
then handle all the merges and stuff, which would make the problem a bit
easier.  Maybe most databases do this anyhow; I haven't really worked much
with database software...