[Uml-devel] Will there be Umbrello 1.2?

Sebastian Stein s5228 at informatik.htw-dresden.de
Mon Jan 13 09:12:03 UTC 2003

BARTKO, Zoltan <bartko.zoltan at pobox.sk> [030113 18:03]:
> Will there be Umbrello 1.2?

Now, we thought of maintaining a 1.1 version for any bugfixes, which must go
in. All new code should lead to a new 2.0 version.

> You say you have the design of Umbrello 2.0 ready (correct me, if I'm
> wrong). I was thinking about adding database support to Umbrello (e.g.
> don't save to file, save to database), but I can't figure out how to stop
> people from overwriting their work mutually and thus from creating a mess.
> Now:
>
> Is Umbrello 2.0 going to have a database backend?

Yes. But not only a database backend. It first will have the normal backend
with common files. Another backend could be a database. All backends will be
plugin based so the user could decide which backend to use.

> Thanks for reading this e-mail

Have you checked if your GUI translation gets correctly installed with the
current CVS version?

Umbrello UML Modeller
Description     : UML diagram drawing tool for KDE with code generation
Homepage        : http://www.umbrello.org/
Bug report      : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382951
Feature request : http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=24919&atid=382954