[Uml-devel] Umbrello2

Mathias Meyer mailings at beatsteaks.de
Thu Feb 27 00:36:04 UTC 2003

On Thursday 27 February 2003 03:12 P. Fleury wrote:

> There is one GUI I like very much, it's the NetBeans approach. You have
> a set of little modules you can dock around, and they all represent a
> view over some aspect of the model (in our case UML). Whenever that
> model changes, the view updates itself. Whenever the user changes
> something in the view, it updates the model, hence updating all the
> other views using that particular piece of informaiton of the model.

That sounds quite nice, but where does all the space for actually editing
the diagram go? ;)
Together kind of lets you do the same thing, but having more than two of
those (for example the most common: list of uml objects and properties)
is quite a lot of space to waste, isn't it? But if we had a good looking
zooming, it'd be okay I guess. After all, it would be the user's choice.

Regards,
Mathias
--
"only wimps use backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)" - linus torvalds