[Uml-devel] Re: kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Peeter Russak pezz at tkwcy.ee
Mon Dec 22 00:46:01 UTC 2003

Jonathan Riddell wrote:
"Yes, Umbrello UML Modeller is the full name that was decided upon
about 18 months ago."

About month or so ago I as one of localizers of Umbrello suggested this
change, but I got no serious answer why Umbrello must have description in
it's appname, except some poor excuses about longer name being more fancy,
name-translation excuses which were wrong etc.

I as translator know that it's really bad to have such a long name as appname,
because it appears in several places (Help->About appname, Tools->Configure
appname etc) where it really doesn't fit. Sometimes it even doesn't fit in
one-word form, but with long name it looks even uglier.

Please, english- and german-speaking developers, most of languages out there
are more complicated than yours, so forget your fanciness and think about
others too. Umbrello is good and fancy name for UML modelling tool, no need
for needless carneval.

--
Peeter

Ühel kenal päeval (pühapäev, 21. detsember 2003 23:23) kirjutas Stephan
Binner: