[Uml-devel] Re: kdesdk/umbrello/umbrello

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sun Dec 21 12:41:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 09:06:23PM +0100, Stephan Binner wrote:
> On Sunday 21 December 2003 20:41, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
>
> > Yes, Umbrello UML Modeller is the full name that was decided upon
>
> I didn't rename the program, it's only about consistent menu entries. I see
> you use "Umbrello" all over eg the homepage, why has the full name to be in
> the menu? This isn't about advertising or purpose explanation(=>GenericName).
>
> What is your reason for the GenericName revert or did I miss it? I'm fine with
> default "UML Modeller (Umbrello UML Modeller)" entry (binary KDE packages or
> other desktop environments may vary) if you like duplication and wide menus.

It just seems sensible to use the full name rather than the short
name.  The short name is only used on web pages once the full name has
been used on the page.  With the full name in use there no longer
seems a need for a GenericName.  I think people would object to
duplication and wide menus.

Arn't we in the middle of a string freeze just now?

Thanks