[Uml-devel] Re: Uml-devel digest, Vol 1 #739 - 11 msgs

Achim Spangler Achim.Spangler at mnet-online.de
Mon Dec 15 01:43:00 UTC 2003

Hi,
thanks for the tip!

But I possibly suspected the wrong functionality to be the source of my
current problem.

My real problem:
If I try to move class diagram elements, Umbrello seems to recalculate "the
world" - i.e. my machine gets a very high load with a lot of swapping. This
behaviour is quite new.

Interesting side note:
As long as the move of a class or note doesn't trigger the recalculation of
connections, everything is very quick.

Is it possible, that it depends on the new association handling?

My diagram has:
+ 12 classes
+ 5 notes
+ 7 inheritance relations
+ 1 assiciation
+ 3 dependencies

The whole project has 8 class diagrams with this size.

-> if Umbrello would recalculate all connections between classes and
     other elements in all class diagrams,
     this heavy recalculation afford could be possible

Bye,
Achim