[Uml-devel] Re: Uml-devel digest, Vol 1 #739 - 11 msgs

Brian Thomas thomas at mail630.gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 12 20:28:00 UTC 2003

On Friday 12 December 2003 11:09 pm, umbrello-devel-request at mail.kde.org wrote:
> Hi,
> the XMI file of my large project is increased by the embedded code editor
> parts from 1.5 MB to 5.2 MB, so that my system with 2 GHz Pentium 4 and
> 512 MB RAM gets very slow, as long as I work with this project.

	Hi,

	The easiest workaround for this is to set the active language to one of the
	older "simple" code generators, e.g. NOT java or C++. For those languages
	no XMI entries will be created, and your file will remain small. If you need to
	edit an existing large XMI file, just remove everything within the "<codegeneration>"
	nodes.

	=b.t.