[Uml-devel] Printing and export patch

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Aug 21 21:26:16 UTC 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 02:52:15PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> I coded up a patch for the printing and export modes of the modeller. This new
> no longer uses QPixmap, but QPicture allowing for scalable pictures. Allong
> this I added SVG and EPS export code using builtin qt functionality. This
> patch is to 1.1.1.

Having looked at it for 5 minutes before I get ready to go to Nove
Hrady tomorrow it seems very exciting.

The diagram export and printing has changed slightly between 1.1.1 and
the CVS version.  The printing is done differently to use vectors and
the diagram export support many more formats (but not SVG
importantly).

Do you think you could try the current CVS version (download links
from the Umbrello website or CVS checkout instruction also on the
website) and see if it's possible to integrate your patch into that?

I'll try to have a closer look at this soon (unless someone else does first).

Thanks much