[Uml-devel] Printing and export patch

Paul de Vrieze pauldv at cs.kun.nl
Sun Aug 24 03:02:08 UTC 2003

On Thursday 21 August 2003 21:16, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> On Thursday 21 August 2003 17:49, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Do you think you could try the current CVS version (download links
> > from the Umbrello website or CVS checkout instruction also on the
> > website) and see if it's possible to integrate your patch into that?
> >

> It seams that my printing changes have been incorporated in cvs too (to
> judge from your description). The svg export is a quite simple qt feature.
> I'll try to look into adapting the patch to cvs this weekend
>
> Paul

Ok, I made some new patches for today's cvs version. The printing patch
contains the getDiagram() function necessary for the export patch, so if it
is decided to only take the export patch, take that too.

The printing patch does the following:
It renames the current print function in umlview.{cpp,h} to unscaledprint, and
it adds my printing function as scaledprint. It creates a new function print
with a scale property that defaults to scaling.

Further it adds a new option to the custom printoptions page that allows for
selecting scaled or unscaled printing.

The export patch does the following:
It replaces the current eps export code with my code which is at least
shorter, but I believe also cleaner (as well as generating color eps files).
This code uses the badly documented qt eps export functionality (won't work
on windows). Further it adds the svg export code. It should be really easy to
also create qt pic files but these files are nonstandard and I know of no
program that reads them.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze