[Uml-devel] Friend permissions between classes

Oliver Kellogg Oliver.Kellogg at t-online.de
Mon Aug 4 22:08:03 UTC 2003

On 2003-08-04 13:07, Jens Krüger wrote:

> This is a good idea, but I think you should not remove the existing
> relations between the *Widget and *WidgetData classes. The current
> state is a clean separation between the UML representation (in the
> *WidgetData classes) and the KDE representation of the elements on
> the screen (the *Widget classes).

Yes, but what about the overlap.
For example, the class LinePath is based on QCanvasLine.
The primary intention of QCanvasLine is certainly the screen
representation. However, nothing forbids its use for the UML
representation as well. In fact, class LinePath is an example
of this dual use.

The problem I see in the current Umbrello code is gratuitous
duplication of state.  This affords synchronizations which
complicate the code.

Thanks,

Oliver