[Uml-devel] trying ...

Luis De la Parra lparrab at gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 14:42:06 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 17 September 2002 01:00, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> > I have this problem that libheadings.a does not get any objects in the
> > Makefile to build from.
> >
> > Making all in headings
> > rm -f libheadings.a
> > ar cru libheadings.a
> > ar: no archive members specified
>
> Looks like KDevelop did a strange thing there and decided to create a
> library with nothing in it.  This doesn't cause a problem with GNU which
> seems to be happy for ar to make the library without any files but
> presumably the Mac System 10 ar doesn't like that.

there is no such thing as "libheadings", but KDevelop thinks there is:
I just created that directory in the tree to put the "default includes
(headings)" for the code generation, but KDevelop always tries to make a
library when you add a new directory.

> I've removed the references to libheadings in Makefile.am so this library
> is no longer built.  Update your CVS and do a make -f Makefile.cvs
> et al and see if that helps.
>
> Note to other developers: I'm not totally confident with autoconf and
> automake especially when KDevelop does the magic for you.  I don't know if
> it's going to just add in the references to libheadings again.  One day
> I'll try out KDevelop and see what it's up to.

 lets see what KDevelop says about that...  =)

regards,
Luis.