[Uml-devel] documentation

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Oct 23 11:42:06 UTC 2002

Did I turn over two pages at once?  Not sure where this conversation came
from.

> >good to know you've started, and specially that you
> >found that tool (I was about to start doing it in Kate
> >or Quanta =((

Both perfectly respectible tools.

> I have not found any tool advertized on doc.kde.org. If thre is, I may
> try it.

doc.kde.org doesn't exist.

> >so I cannot open the DocBook file with LyX for furhter
> >editing?
> >Would this mean having the original documentation in
> >LyX's native format and then exporting to DocBook
> >after each change?
> >
> LyX uses its own file format (which is text-based, suitable for CVS:-).
> LyX was originally designed for LaTeX, but as it can handle structural
> documents, DocBook and LinuxDoc are supported.
> I had found a DocBook2LyX tool, but it comes with no doc, a set of about
> 30 XSLT files, and it did not compile, no install thing, etc. Well, did
> not get it to run.
> So for the moment, I am editing the LyX file, and exporting it from time
> to time.

What's all this talk of Latex?  The documentation is in Docbook, what's
wrong with just writing it in docbook?

Any text editor will do, but emacs has a really cool docbook mode
available with tab completion (almost as cool as kde-emacs.el's tab
completion).

KDevelop might offer some sort of framework for doing it in as well.