[Uml-devel] documentation

Pascal Fleury Pascal.Fleury at jp.sony.com
Wed Oct 23 11:12:05 UTC 2002

Luis De la Parra Blum wrote:

>good to know you've started, and specially that you
>found that tool (I was about to start doing it in Kate
>or Quanta =((

I have not found any tool advertized on doc.kde.org. If thre is, I may
try it.

>so I cannot open the DocBook file with LyX for furhter
>editing?
>Would this mean having the original documentation in
>LyX's native format and then exporting to DocBook
>after each change?

LyX uses its own file format (which is text-based, suitable for CVS:-).
LyX was originally designed for LaTeX, but as it can handle structural
documents, DocBook and LinuxDoc are supported.
I had found a DocBook2LyX tool, but it comes with no doc, a set of about
30 XSLT files, and it did not compile, no install thing, etc. Well, did
not get it to run.
So for the moment, I am editing the LyX file, and exporting it from time
to time.

www.lyx.org, I have RPMs for RH7.3 if you happen to use that.

>I have zero experience with DocBook (or writing
>documentation at all!) but I guess we could share the
>work.

If you have a clue about a markup language, you're almost there.

>Let me try out LyX first, and then we can see whats
>there to do (in that case I would like to see what you
>have written so far to try to use the same style:
>->active/pasiv style, etc)

Ok.

--Pascal