[Uml-devel] documentation

P. Fleury fleury at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 23 18:23:03 UTC 2002

Jonathan Riddell wrote:

>>>good to know you've started, and specially that you
>>>found that tool (I was about to start doing it in Kate
>>>or Quanta =((
>>>

>Both perfectly respectible tools.

I use them daily too :-)

>>I have not found any tool advertized on doc.kde.org. If thre is, I may
>>try it.
>>

>doc.kde.org doesn't exist.

mmm. Well I meant (not that I have connection) i18n.kde.org

>What's all this talk of Latex?  The documentation is in Docbook, what's
>wrong with just writing it in docbook?

Nothing. Just that LyX can manage cross-references, spell-check the
text, displays the document structure, and you have something
wysiwyg-like on screen.
Makes it more easy (for me) to concentrate on the content rather on the
DocBook syntax.
The output is DocBook, don't worry.
The talk about LaTeX was just because LyX has its origins in that world.

>Any text editor will do, but emacs has a really cool docbook mode
>available with tab completion (almost as cool as kde-emacs.el's tab
>completion).

I love Emacs, but for documentation or big documents, I loose oversight
with it.

>KDevelop might offer some sort of framework for doing it in as well.

I have tried to find something, but most of the tools are mainly for
translation.