[Uml-devel] Patch implementing classifier scope

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Oct 16 12:48:01 UTC 2002

> - I did not found any about the specification of "static"s in the
> specification. Is there anybody who knows this.

It's certainly there.  I can't remember the exact word used (most likely
static) but operations and attributes which are owned by the class rather
than an object from that class are underlined.  Constrictor methods are an
example of this (but not destructor).

> - I looked also in the specification of XMI for writing the current XML file,
> and I saw a lot of things which will probably not conform with the
> specification. I think our goal should be conformity with the spec. You
> may say, that we may add the this later, but we should avoid the problem we
> have now, with importing the old style files (Do you remember?) What do you
> suggest? I think before we release this version we should clean up this
> existing code to get more conformity. If not all of the spec is implemented,
> then it is ok, the missing may added step-by-step.

No, I'm with Luis on this one.  The file format works and there don't seem
to be any issues for within Umbrello.  The only things that need added are
an XML header and an exporter name and version number so we can keep track
when the file format is changed to be more XMI compliant.

Besides there are people using this version, can't break it now.

> Apropos old style file import, what do you think about my patch. Should we
> commit it to the CVS? If you agreed I would it commit a.s.a.p.

I'm all for it.

1 Allanvale Road   |   jr at jriddell.org
Bridge of Allan    |   http://www.jriddell.org
FK9 4NU Scotland   |   0845 458 1894 <--
        New phone number, just as unreliable