[Uml-devel] Patch implementing classifier scope

Luis De la Parra Blum lparrab at gmx.net
Wed Oct 16 14:18:06 UTC 2002

> - I did not found any about the specification of "static"s in the
> specification. Is there anybody who knows this.

its not called static, but its there... I think I've seen it.
it something like "class attributes" instead of "instance attributes" (which
are "normal", non-static ones)
If I ever find the page again I'll let you know.
It also says they should be underlined, to differenitate them from non static
ones.

> - I looked also in the specification of XMI for writing the current XML
> file, and I saw a lot of things which will probably not conform with the
> specification. I think our goal should be conformity with the spec. You may
> say, that we may add the this later, but we should avoid the problem we
> have now, with importing the old style files (Do you remember?) What do you
> suggest?
I think we should leve the file format in peace for now. Even if you implement
XMI 100% you will not be able to share files across applications (which is
the whole thing about having a "common" file format) because current version
does not support diagrams, only models.

so, my opinion is: we need to stop playin with the file format now, and get
the other things stable.. by the time Umbrello 2.0 (or whatever next version
is) comes out, the new XMI specification will be out, and *then* it will be
worth it to switch again.... of course, we will have the problem of
supporting this file format, but since its XML based it will be nothing
compared to the pain it is (was) with the binary file..