[Uml-devel] Patch implementing classifier scope

Jens Krüger je.krueger at web.de
Wed Oct 16 12:31:09 UTC 2002

Am Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 19:32 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> > I needed to display some operations with classifier scope ("static") so I
> > made this hack (that's how open source development is supposed to work,
> > right?).

It tested it too, but I have two  problems with the feature added:

- I did not found any about the specification of "static"s in the
specification. Is there anybody who knows this.
- I looked also in the specification of XMI for writing the current XML file,
and I saw a lot of things which will probably not conform with the
specification. I think our goal should be conformity with the spec. You
may say, that we may add the this later, but we should avoid the problem we
have now, with importing the old style files (Do you remember?) What do you
suggest? I think before we release this version we should clean up this
existing code to get more conformity. If not all of the spec is implemented,
then it is ok, the missing may added step-by-step.

If the questions are cleared, I think we should apply the patch.

Apropos old style file import, what do you think about my patch. Should we
commit it to the CVS? If you agreed I would it commit a.s.a.p.

Jens